Tuesday, November 8, 2011

yup

>>So it turns out there was a gas leak. I sat all day in my classroom teaching, etc with a gas leak. Then today I had to teach while they worked on the roof, turned off my heat, and gave me a space heater which my students crowded around to keep warm from turn the first 2 periods. Don't say I am not flexible.

>>I forgot something totally funny (sort of) that happened yesterday because of all the drama. My T.A. asked to study for his history test instead of filing/copying/correcting. So, he is sitting at the table, looking through the book and he is writing stuff on his arm! I called him out about it, and he said something along the lines of, "It's no big deal! It's just like taking notes except on my arm!" I looked at him and said, "so if I call your history teacher they will think this is no big deal?" He proceeded to almost get upset me with when I told him to wash off what was on his arms. I had to sit EVERYONE down and explain to them that I may be young, and we may be close like a family in my classroom but, I still am their teacher, and they still are expected to follow the rules. I could not believe it. WOW.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are flexible. You're working in some crazy conditions. Glad you were able to right the situation with the arm. The things kids come up with. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete