>>5 days left.
This post will be quick, because I am being lazy and reading even though I have grades to do. I have finished with all my IEP's for the year. I have completed my transition to high school meetings, (almost) my grades, and turning in my students permission slips for end of the year picnics. I have received my first evaluation, and also yelled at an aide today. Its been a wonderful wonderful year. I'm afraid for it to end.
>>My students are getting this new found stigma about being in special ed. They do not want to be seen with me, around me, or for other students to know I am their teacher. This does not bug me, because I KNOW when they are in my classroom it is a whole different world. They feel safe, respected, smart, and loved.
>>I found out today that Jamie, is probably moving with his aunt/uncle in the bay area. This makes me sad. The amount of work I have put into that kid, let alone spending a whole year trying to make him understand how much we love and care about him. How much he has dealt with this year. and just how much I like having him around. I am sad. I am sad, and I will miss him. I want him to stay, but I keep thinking that this move will be better for him. I just... I am being selfish because I wanted to be there for him, and I wanted to see how great he became.
I love your blog. I can't wait to read what next year brings you. Keep writing. The quotes and stories are wonderful!
ReplyDelete