>>I could begin each one of my posts with "this week was crazyyyy". I am trying to just admit to myself that my job is crazy. Being a teacher is crazy, but teaching special education is crazyyyy. Everyday is different. Every student is different. This week we had a different schedule EVERY SINGLE DAY of the week. Monday was regular. Tuesday was intervention day. Wednesday intervention day. Thursday assembly (periods went: assembly, 2, 4, 5, 3, 6, 7). Friday was a minimum day (periods went: 1, 2, 3, 6, 4, 5, 7) My students have difficulties learning when they don't know what is coming next, or where they are supposed to go next. To top it all off, my 6 hour aide was absent wednesday - friday. We survived. Kids were nuts. Adults were nuts. So what did I do? One night I cried (this first time this year!) and next day I just laughed. I embraced it. I HAVE to.
>>Apparently Philip thinks our new I.A. looks like a judge of America's Got Talent. Phillip LOVES that show. He could talk about that ALL DAY LONG. He knows the acts, what they do, what their names are etc. He thinks that the new I.A. looks like Pierce, so while playing UNO we finally figured how why he had been calling him Pierce since he got here. I asked Philip about the winner, and he told me the name (I don't remember) and then I asked "well what act did he do?"
Phillip: He danced. He danced on a pole! He is going to vegas. He won. and Dances on a pole.
Me: He dances with a pole?
Phillip: I want to dance on a pole. I want to go to vegas and dane on pole.
Me: No, Phillip thats dangerous.
Philip: No. Miss __. I can do it! It not dangerous. I dance on pole.
Me: Phillip. Okay, but thats for adults. So you can't do that.
Phililp: No. I do it. I dance on pole.
John: Philip, thats what girls do! They dance with poles.
Phillip: I can do it! I'll be good at it!
We attempted to end the conversation there.. HA!.
>>Also, Sam gave a girl his phone number. He came in yesterday morning and wanted to tell me something important, but I had to promise I would not tell any of the other kids. He pulled me outside and explained, how the girl he liked last year, helped him figure out his cell phone number and write it down on a piece of paper for her. He was SO excited. I'm glad he shared it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment