Tuesday, September 6, 2011

>>Everyday is better. I am down to only 9 kids which is almost easy. There are periods of the day when I have 3 kids, and it's me and a aide in the class. EASY. We are able to really focus, but the difficult part is that we cant really do rotating groups as easily as we could in the past. This makes for cranky students, but still allows us time to figure out what we want to work on, and how we want to run things. I can't believe that I started last year with 19 students, and now I am at only 9. It's peaceful. I feel like things are faling into place, but I still have more ideas that I want to put into affect and I am not quiet sure how yet. It's difficult with my IA basically being "against me" to try out new things and such. But, this is a learning experience. It's a learning experience to work with someone who is unhappy in their placement, and who I don't really consider my "friend" It's good for me.

>>My home hospital student has been going AMAZING. WE have so much fun, and it's really working out great. (let's hope the money is worth it :))

>>Sam has been having a rough time and he is pulling at my heart strings. He hasn't been eating dinner. I am not really sure what is going on at home because he does not really explain it clearly. Last week he went at least 3 days without dinner and on friday we loaded him up with cup of noodles, pudding, crackers, everything we had around the classroom. Today, he said he STILL wasn't eating. It is very very hard, because I KNOW his family loves him. I know he doesn't want to be taken away from them, but when is this a case to call CPS. It's so hard. I'm stuck.

>>sorry there has been nothing fun/funny going on lately. We are still getting into the swing of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment