>> 3 1/2 more days of school. Bittersweet.. crazy. fun... so many words can describe how I am feeling. My new student left as quickly as he came, and I never had a chance to really reach him. 4 days is hardly easy to connect with a kid, especially a kid who has moved around to many schools and puts up a tough front. I feel badly because I went into the situation angry because getting a new student the last 10 days of school hardly seems fair. (to me, or the kid) I didn't give anyone a fair chance, or a fair shot but, I am happy to say we survived each other. It's depressing to know that the 5 days or so he was with us, were the worse behaved my kids were the entire year. One student can change all the dynamics. Sad.
>>This week is going to be crazy and busy. Monday I have a IEP, and work after school. Tuesday last IEP of the year and the school staff party. Wednesday is picnic day, and Thursday is the last day of school and graduation. I have 5 kiddos leaving me this year. And I think I might just cry during graduation. Sad.. I don't want to think about it.
I know all about bad juju and getting thrown off by a change like that. There is a chance this stuff will go DOWN big time in our family dynamics when our new daughters come home. Like you said, it can take a year to get a groove, learn to love someone. Glad you survived!
ReplyDelete