Wednesday, February 6, 2013

absent.

You want a feel really good about your job? Know that you make a difference and that you are appreciated? Go to a training with all your paraprofessionals and have a sub for yourself and two subs for your aides who have never worked in your classroom before. Leave all 11 of your kiddos with "fun work" to complete just so they are staying busy and not acting out of control. Then.. come back the next day. I have never felt so much love and importance. So far... around 5-6 teachers came up and discussed a problem they had with my student. (one in particular that was missing for around 30 mins Monday morning) They expressed how they tried to help, and I had to reply "well I wasn't here on Monday". It showed how much I actually have control over my kiddos. Then listen to my students say, "yesterday was such a waste! why should we have even come to school, we just hung around" Wait.. what. You didn't want to just completed fun valentines day packets? "of course not!" I love it. They felt like it was a waste. They didn't like the subs, and they told me to never leave again.
If thats not true love, I'm not sure what is.

Quotes:
Jamie: Ya know.. I love you like.. uhm.. a sister!

Phillip: I dream.. I dream I save batgirl from shark. I kill shark with knife!

Phillip: Wow. your cute Carl.
Jamie: What about me?
Phillip: Oh, you're tall cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment