Saturday, March 9, 2013
sadness
>>I am suddenly experiencing intense sadness about my students who are graduating this year. How can it be that I will not see Jamie everyday anymore? I have having this uncontrollable worry creeping up on me. It's purely a selfish thing. I love being in their lives. All 3 of them. Those little guys that came to visit as 5th graders during my first year of teaching. The 6th graders who I have raised. At least it feels like I raised. I may have said that the kiddos that graduated last year were my first kids that I had for three years in a row. And this is true. but, I only had those kids for 3 months of their 6th grade year. These guys have spent a total of 180 days for three years with me. I am so worried. I am scared. I don't know what to do. Is this what it feels like to try and let your kids be independent? To give them room to grow. It's hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
they are lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete