Friday, August 17, 2012

Back Back Back

>>Officially back to school. I was ready, except for the fact that after each day this week where I had students (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) I was beyond exhausted. I wanted   needed a nap. I was over come with sleepiness and luckily stopped myself from sleeping and instead went to bed at an acceptable 9 pm. Not to mention we had over a week of 100 degree weather I was spent. But, I was ready.

>>The dynamics of my classroom have changed quiet a bit this year [as it seems to do every year]. After 4 rowdy boys graduating last year, I now have an almost even number of boys and girls. THIS IS AMAZING. In special education there is almost always more boys than girls. Times in the past I have only had 1 girl in my class. This year I actually have a entire period with JUST girls. They are peaceful, fun, giggly  and just enjoyable. Also my class is moving toward the more severe end of the special education spectrum. But this is enjoyable too. We get to do a lot more functional academics which end up being way more fun. I am just excited. This is the first year where I have NO nerves before the first day of school. I rocked it. I covered rules, made fun get to know you activities AND completed all of the beginning assessments I needed to get done. I have already put up art activities for next weeks back to school night AND made goal binders for all my students.

>>let's get this year going!

2 comments:

  1. looking forward to your stories this year from your classrooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait for some good stuff this year from you and your kiddos. i love hearing the perspective of a teacher, because i come at this stuff as a parent of kids with special needs. you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete