Thursday, January 6, 2011

Funny Quotes

A few funny quotes from the today:

Paul: (very beginning of the day) Uh oh! Miss Thompson my meds havent kicked in!

Sam: Phillip Is like a thief! He's a grave robber!!!
Me: a what?! a grave robber? Phillip are you a grave robber?
Phillip: NO! its Grace!

Me: (Marcus hands me his cell phone and asks me to hold onto it) Wow Tucker this is a fancy phone. Did you get it for christmas?
marcus: Noo.. I didnt.
Me: just for a present?
Marcus: Noo.. I got it for cutting my afro off.

--

>>Jaime in foster care had a meeting with family members yesterday to decide where he will be placed. He came to school a mess today expressing how the entire time was spent fighting and arguing. I saved time at the end of the day to talk with him about how things went, and what he thought. He's in a tough stop. He has uncles and estranged sisters, and a drug addict mom all telling him to choose a different place. He told me that it's hard because many of the places that are good for him would cause him to have to go to another school and he doesn't want that. I attempted to explain how we are in his life for a long time, and if the place he goes he is safe and happy then thats the best place and we will still be around to make sure he's well taking care of. He told me he wishes I could pick for him, and he's having a difficult time not getting stressed and having a hard time controlling his emotions. Again, I had to express to him that he needs to use his relaxation techniques that he used in therapy to calm down and that I am always just a phone call away. He can always call if he needs to talk or vent or even just relax. This kid pulls on my heart strings daily. I know he gets more attention then others do and I feel guilty but how can i just let him think that he doesnt have the support he needs. I do like to think that if it was any of my students I would be acting exactly the same, and I'm sure I would. It's still hard. I worry about him everyday.

2 comments:

  1. Kids do say some funny things. When I was teaching, they always made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Chelsey. Great posts! You are right though, once you start blogging as a way to get your thoughts outside of yourself you'll never stop. It will get even worse when more and more people start following your posts and you feel obligated to stay in touch. Great job and insights into your life.

    ReplyDelete