These are a few of the funny yet ridiculous things that happened to me today:
I started off the day meeting with the uncle of Jaime because he is now living with him. I learned prob way to much including the fact that he hasnt taken his ADHD medicine in years because his mother was selling it. Wow.
There is a women who has been teaching a drama class with my students, plus another functional skills class two days a week. It started on monday, and this was the second day that they've done it. Many of my students were not enthuastic about this class, and were being very anti social and mean. The teacher handed out scarfs and asked the kids to pick something that the scarf could be instead of a scarf.
Steve: LOOK ITS SPERM! (yes, he was exited from the class)
During lunch I take Grace down and help her get her lunch, and then set her up. My students all sit at a table inside the gym that they set up for them, After I get her set up, I go outside and check on Phillip to make sure he is eating his lunch. After doing that today, the yard duty came up and asked me, "Are you in charge of Phillip?" I told her "WEll, I am his SDC teacher, I am not his 1:1 aide though, and I usually just get him set up for lunch and he is fine" she then explained to me how yesterday he was becoming very "aggressive" during basketball and pushing other kids. Phillip Is a 12 year old boy. He has down syndrome and is literally 4 feet tall. I explained to the yard duty that usually if you tell him to knock it off he will, or you can send him to room 1 or room 2 (my room) and he will usually listen. Then i gave her my cell phone number and told her if there were issues to call me and I would come down and help. I then look over to Phillip and he gets up and walks about 2 inches from some girl and chucks a chicken finger at her head. Yes, he got in trouble.
during 7th period Phillip asked to use the bathroom. He left and then I get a call from the school secretary saying Phillip is in the office refusing to leave. I go down there to pick him up and I said, "what were you doing?" and he said "I was hiding" I said, "hiding why?" He replied. "Because its time to go home. " then i asked, "where did you put my hall pass?" and there it was sitting on the floor right in front of my classroom.
Im sure there was more but thats all I can remember. I also had an IEP meeting after school, finished assessing a student for his big 3 year evaluation, dealt with a mean child county services women who's grouchy, and planned a high school visit. My life is crazy. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment